This is the time of year that we start preparing and rehearsing for our annual Christmas Program at FCC, however, this year will be different due to the COVID-19 virus.
This year the church will present a Family Video Christmas Pageant to be shown during the worship time on Sunday, December 20 at 9:30 AM. The title of the show is “The Star Still Shines.”
Here is how your kids and family can participate in this year’s pageant:
- Families who wish to participate will choose one part of the Christmas Story and create an at-home 3-4 min (maximum) video. Every participating family will have a different part of the story.
- The video must be within 3-4 minutes long and incorporate a star, which every family will be given.
- Once you are practiced and prepared, you can film the video by phone or camera and send it to the church.
- We are currently creating individual ideas for skits and will be ready to coach you on how to proceed. We will soon send out a short video of what could be done as an example, just to get you thinking about what you as a family would like to do. Remember, this can involve extended family too!
- We can assist you with props, costumes, and ideas. We feel this could be a lot of fun for all of us and a great way to share the Christmas Story with our church family.
- Your video (skit) needs to be back to the church by December 1, at the latest, so we can edit and put everything together.
- Families can start registering now by confirming your participation with Abby Wass and selecting the part of the story you wish to tell. Here are the stories we would like you to choose from. Only one family per story. First come first serve!
Families can start registering now by confirming your participation with Abby Wass (firstname.lastname@example.org) and selecting the part of the story you wish to tell. Here are the stories we would like you to choose from. Only one family per story. First come first serve!
- The Birth Foretold – Isaiah 9:2,6-7 (The people walking in darkness have seen a great light)
- The Angel Appears to Mary – Luke 1:26-38 (How can this be said Mary?)
- The Angel appears to Joseph – Matt 1:19-25 (Take Mary home as Your Wife)
- Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem – Luke 2:1-5 (Caesar Augustus issued a decree)
- Jesus is Born in Bethlehem – Luke 2:6-7 (No Room at the inn)
- Shepherds and the Angels (Part 1) – Luke 2:8-14 (I bring you good news of great joy)
- Shepherds at the Manger (Part 2) – Luke 2:15-20 (They found the Baby lying in a manger)
- The Wisemen and the Star – (Part 1) Matthew 2:1-7 (Where is the one born King of the Jews?)
- The Wisemen and the Star – (Part 2) Matthew 2:8-12 (Magi visit the baby in the manger)
- Other stories surrounding the Birth if necessary. . .